- May 3, 2019
Every year, Ivey alumni around the world have paused from their busy schedules, gathered together, and celebrated what it means to be a graduate of the Ivey Business School.
It has been 10 years since that first Global Ivey Day event. And over the course of the decade, at informal breakfasts, power lunches, and evening celebrations everywhere, more than 10,000 alumni have celebrated together.
Yesterday the tradition continued – with at last count, 85 events in 50 cities held from San Francisco and Calgary to Dubai and Hong Kong, and many points in between. That’s up five from last year. And The Ivey Academy acted as the Global Ivey Day 2019 Gold Sponsor.
This year's event also included the launch of a new tradition: the Ivey Alumni Achievement Award.
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, HBA ’92, President of StubHub, was named the recipient of the inaugural award. Singh Cassidy is a respected leader who has contributed significantly to many companies and communities throughout her career, while upholding the highest standards set forth by the Ivey Pledge, and the School’s mission statement.
Related to this story
A world of firsts
New and noteworthy events added to the decade-long tradition of fun:
- Our new dean, Sharon Hodgson, attended her first event in Montreal;
- The first Women of Ivey Network event for GID is scheduled to take place May 15 (there’s still time to sign up);
- The first LEADER event;
- The first Ivey Academy event;
- An event at an Okanagan winery got things going in British Columbia;
- Folks in Ottawa gathered at the Ottawa Art Gallery;
- The New York crew held one of its Global Ivey Day events at Amazon; and
- Alumni in Southern California held their event at a prohibition-style cocktail lounge with a vintage bowling alley.
And then there were the tried-and-true staples like the Toronto Celebration held at Steam Whistle Brewing, the always popular industry events, and dinners galore.
Catch the flavour of Global Ivey Day by watching the 2019 video.
We’re already counting down the days until the 11th annual Global Ivey Day: May 7, 2020.