- Sep 8, 2020
Ivey’s HBA2 students kicked off their program today with a virtual Welcome Back event. During the session, the students were welcomed by numerous speakers, including Dean Sharon Hodgson and Olivia George-Parker, HBA ’15, and MBA ’21 candidate.
The students also heard about where their fellow classmates worked during the summer. The students worked at 176 companies this summer (as of August 31), within Canada, the U.S., and even outside of North America, either in-person or remotely. Some of the students did internships through Ivey’s summer Business Strategy Internship program, in partnership with Mitacs.
Related to this story
Ivey’s Career Management team shared information with the students about what the upcoming recruiting season might bring.
The event also included academic awards and recognition for outstanding teaching. Kyle Maclean, HBA ’12, PhD ’17, an assistant professor of Management Science, received this year’s David G. Burgoyne Teaching Award.
Congratulations to the following HBA2 award recipients and the Dean's Honour List recipients.
- Michael & Stefanie Block HBA Award – Brad Perez;
- HBA '94 McCleary Memorial Award – Blake Thorburn;
- Shelagh Donovan Memorial HBA Award – Lena Robinson and Claire Lomas;
- JJ Wettlaufer Award – Harrison Thomas, Turner Tobin, Nicholas Tommasini, Kyle Dayton, Will Sanderson, Alex MacDonald, Jotham Ong, and Elijah Dietrich;
- Suzanne Curtis Award – Mia Kobrin, Gabrielle Gregg, Yanyan Law, Jade Alexander, Chantelle Wong, Yudi Yang, Sarah Peccia, and Kimia Raahemifar; and,
- Stephen Cuddy Memorial HBA Award – Aaron Birbrager.
Below is a look at the HBA2 class by the numbers.