Connecting Alumni with current students to learn about careers and industries of interest is an important part of an Ivey student journey – it helps them shape their career strategy and grow their network for life long professional development.
What is the Ivey Career Connections Program?
- A program that partners current Ivey students with Ivey alumni to schedule short conversations
- Students are able to research and explore industries, functions and geographic areas of interest while they build confidence, and expand their career network
- Participants are able to share their experience and expertise, and provide the guidance needed to make important career decisions – both post grad and beyond
How Does it Work?
- Participants create a profile which details their professional experience, and identifies the program(s) and number of students they are able to connect with
- Students custom search the participant database and request connections
- Once matched, students and participants receive a confirmation email from our team prompting them to schedule a 30-minute Career Connection (virtually or in person)
- The student will work with you directly to arrange a time to connect and have your conversation
What Can I Expect?
During your conversation, you can expect the student(s) that you connect with to be:
- in various stages of professional development with respect to their career strategy
- developing their professional voice and communication style
- eager to gather information and obtain feedback on their professional presence and networking skills
- asking lots of questions!
How Do I Participate?
Thank you for considering this important initiative! The Ivey Career Connections Program is a great way for you to help shape the next generation of Ivey leaders.