There are a number of funding programs that can assist your firm financially when it comes to hiring our students for summer internship opportunities. We would be pleased to further discuss the funding available and how you can access the funding, contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Work Placement Program Funding
There is currently funding available to hire a student on a part-time basis until April 2021, and receive 75% of their wages covered (up to $7,500). More details can be found through the following funding partners. Funding for the May – August 2021 term has not yet been released but we can add you to our mailing list and provide you with updates as we receive further information.
- Magnet Student Work Placement Program
- Biotalent Student Work Placement Program
- Eco Canada Student Work Placement Program
- WIL Digital Program delivered by ITAC
- Technation Career Ready Program
- Government of Canada Student Work Placement
Mitacs Business Strategy Internship Program
This funding program allows small-medium businesses to hire a student for a four month full-time internship from May – August. With this funding program, there are no related employee costs as the student is paid through the university (ie: no vacation pay, WSIB coverage, etc.). The deadline to apply for this funding program and hire a candidate is early February – contact us ASAP if interested (email@example.com).
In partnership with Canadian academic institutions, Mitacs is pleased to offer the Business Strategy Internship (BSI). BSI is a four-month internship program designed to give students the opportunity to develop a strategic analysis for an organization to help restore or modify business operations in the new economic environment. Participating partner organizations will contribute $5,000 for a total award of $10,000 to be used towards a student stipend. Throughout the internship, Mitacs provides professional development opportunities to students through our e-Campus, EDGE.
The BSI program aims to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to apply business concepts and theories to real-world scenarios
- Provide support to organizations that need additional assistance in modifying their business operations to adapt to the new economic reality
- Build students’ skills in communication, problem solving, innovation, resilience, managing complexity, navigating change, business continuity planning, and allow them to apply their education through an experiential learning opportunity
- Provide training and career opportunities for students by creating new connections with faculty, businesses, and communities
- Encourage collaborations and strengthen connections between industry and academic institutions
Depending on your organizational profile, there may be other funding programs available for summer intern or full-time hiring. We would recommend reaching out to us to further discuss your business needs and we can provide a customized recommendation for funding opportunities.