You will develop the skills and capabilities needed to take today’s growing wealth of real-world data and translate it into actionable insights for business decision-making.
Insights that will generate new opportunities for growth and ready businesses for shifts in market dynamics. Build on your undergraduate degree experience and set yourself apart with Ivey’s direct-entry MSc in Business Analytics.
View the employment report
SEPTEMBER to DECEMBER
Ivey Essentials and Core Courses
This course focuses on business essentials: Accounting, Finance, Leadership, Marketing, Operations and Strategy. Students will be introduced to Ivey’s high engagement case-based learning methodology. The course is designed to aid students in understanding materials for their courses throughout the program.
Some of the key learning outcomes include:
- Accounting: recording and using of financial business transactions to inform and support decision-making.
- Finance: analyzing of financial problems corporations face including managing exchange risk, calculating the cost of capital, capital budgeting and taxation.
- Leadership / Organizational Behavior: managing and participating effectively in teams by understanding the factors that lead to effective and ineffective team behavior.
- Marketing: identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Operations: identifying and understanding how effectively managing operations contributes to customer value.
- Strategy: key concepts and tools in the context of competitive strategy; differences between corporate, competitive, and functional strategies.
- Business Communications: develop an understanding about targeting your message and flexing your style to your audience.
Hack the Case Competition
The Ivey Business School teamed up with Deloitte, SAS, and Scotiabank to create a unique case competition called “Hack the Case” – a 10-day glimpse into the world of business analytics.
JANUARY to APRIL
Core Courses and Elective Courses
Choose two electives from:
Electives are available for all MSc streams unless otherwise noted. Course offerings are subject to change and will vary by term.
MAY to AUGUST
Ivey Analytics Lab
Exclusively offered to MSc in Business Analytics students, the Ivey Analytics Lab (IAL) is a 10 week summer practicum that provides students with the opportunity to work with an IAL partner firm in an analytically driven role. Students will actively contribute to both quantitatively and qualitatively solution development and implementation. At various points during the IAL, students will be required to provide progress reports to their Faculty supervisor, and where applicable, to the client.
IAL Placement Assignment: Specific placements will be determined by the MSc Faculty, MSc Program Services Office and will be based on the input of participating companies. Projects and companies are subject to change each year. While students may indicate preferences for a certain company and project, students are not guaranteed their preferences as this depends on the business needs and individual assessment of Ivey’s IAL partners.
Current IAL Partner Organizations
SEPTEMBER to DECEMBER
Core Course & Elective Courses
Choose two electives from the list above.
SEPTEMBER to APRIL
NHH Dual Degree
The MSc-NHH allows you to split your time studying at Ivey and at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) in Bergen, Norway. At the end of the MSc-NHH experience, you graduate with an MSc in Business Analytics from Ivey, and a second masters degree from NHH, MS in Economics and Business Administration, major in Business Analytics (BAN).
The NHH portion of your MSc experience includes a mandatory research-based thesis. The MSc-NHH stream is an excellent option for students who do wish to gain valuable international experience while studying and living abroad. In this option, you will spend Terms 4 plus an additional term 5 studying at NHH. Visit the NHH website here.
NHH Application: Students apply to the Ivey & NHH Dual degree during their first term in the Ivey MSc program in Business Analytics. Enrolment in the dual degree is contingent on acceptance by NHH and Ivey MSc Program Services.