- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Barnini Bhattacharyya is a new Assistant Professor of Organizational Behaviour at Ivey who will be teaching Leading People and Organizations in the HBA program. Her research sheds light on barriers to inclusion at work for individuals with marginalized identities, and how organizations and organizational members can create more inclusive structures and environments at work. She brings with her prior industry experience in banking and nonprofit across geographies, which she integrates into the classroom and her research.
- LPO (Ivey)
- Management and Organizational Behaviour (Sauder)
- Ph.D in Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources, University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business
- M.Phil in Management & Labour Studies, M.A.in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- B.A. (Honours) Economics, Shri Ram College of Commerce
Recent Refereed Articles
Berdahl, J.; Bhattacharyya, B. B., 2021, "Four ways forward in studying sex-based harassment", Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, May 40(4): 477 - 492. Abstract:
The purpose of this paper is to identify promising themes of the papers in the special issues of
Equality, Diversity and Inclusiondedicated to advancing scholarship on sex-based harassment. Design/methodology/approach
A conceptual overview of the research pertaining to these themes and an analysis of the special issues papers' contributions to these themes.
Four themes that represent important but relatively neglected lines of inquiry into sex-based harassment are identified. These are (1) the psychology of harassment, (2) organizational culture and networks, (3) the invisible majority and (4) the importance of collective action.
The paper offers an expert perspective on the state of research related to sex-based harassment and four themes that are important to moving it forward.
Link(s) to publication:
Work in Progress
- Bhattacharyya, B., & Berdahl, J. (3rd round R&R). Invisitibility at work (Exact title removed to protect blind review process). Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Berdahl, J. & Bhattacharyya, B (1st round R&R). Perceptions of speech (Exact title removed to protect blind review process). Journal of Business Ethics.
- Bhattacharyya, B., Erskine, S., & McCluney, S (under review). Allyship at work (Exact title removed to protect blind review process). Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes
Honours & Awards
- UBC Sauder Equity Diversity & Inclusion Catalyst Grant (2021)
- UBC Public Scholar’s Initiative Research Scholarship (2017)
- Research & Advocacy, AWARE (Singapore)
- HR Manager Citi NA (India)