Richard Ivey Building 2340
- Strategic change and renewal
- Occupational identity work
- Qualitative research
- Process research
- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Krista Pettit is an Assistant Professor in General Management, Strategy, at the Ivey Business School. As a researcher of strategic change and renewal from a strategy-as-practice perspective, she conceptualizes strategy as something organizational actors ‘do’, as opposed to the traditional focus on strategy as something an organization has. She is particularly interested in the role of professional and occupational members during strategic change and her dissertation examines how occupational identity work facilitates and disrupts strategic renewal in a news organization. Her other research projects explore strategic change in different contexts, including multinational subsidiaries and healthcare organizations. Prior to returning to academia, she held senior level positions in the financial services, software and real estate industries in Canada and Japan.
- Strategic Analysis and Action
- Power and Politics in Organization
- PhD, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- MBA, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- BA, University of Alberta
- 2016-2019 – Post Doctoral Research Associate in Strategy-as-Practice, University of Liverpool Management School, Liverpool, U.K.
- 2004-2011 – Client Services Director (final position), PriceMetrix Inc., Toronto, Canada
- 2000- 2001 – Operations Manager – Commerce One Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- 1999-2000 – Sales and Facilities Manager – Servcorp Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- 1998-1999 – Translator – Fuji Bank, Tokyo, Japan