This course is to train students to approach business decisions in a logical, quantitative and systematic way. The case settings, rather than replicating traditional exercises, are opportunities for students to select from an unstructured environment the appropriate analytics techniques and to organize the data, develop models, and interpret model output to either make better decisions, or to respond more intelligently to the decisions of others. The course objective is to provide students with the capability to use data and mathematical models to inform managerial decisions. This course will cover topics in:
- Processing and visualization of data.
- Conception and development of statistical and mathematical models.
- Evaluation of outcome and decision uncertainty.
- Interpretation of analysis.
- Business insights guided by data analysis by managers in the process of creating value.