A new ranking focused on the impact of academic research demonstrates Ivey's success and strength on this front. Five Ivey professors with expertise ranging from international business, sustainability and entrepreneurship are being recognized as Canada's top Business and Management scientists by Research.com.
The site ranked the top 1% of academic researchers based on publications, citations and h-index, which evaluates the cumulative impact of an author’s scholarly output over the course of their career.
The Ivey professors named on the ranking are:
- Professor Paul Beamish, HBA ’76, PhD ’84, International Business & General Management, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. Beamish’s work is in the areas of international management, strategic management, and joint ventures and alliances;
- Professor Klaus Meyer, International Business, and the William G. Davis Chair in International Trade. Meyer’s work investigates the strategies of multinational enterprises in and from emerging economies;
- Professor Robert Klassen, MBA ’89, Operations Management & Sustainability, and a Western University Faculty Scholar. Klassen’s research interests explore the linkages between operations and sustainability;
- Professor Simon Parker, Entrepreneurship, J. Allyn Taylor/Arthur H. Mingay Chair in Entrepreneurship. Parker’s work focuses on the challenges and strategies associated with internet-based startups, including their use of social media; and
- Professor Tima Bansal, General Management, Sustainability and Strategy, and Canada Research Chair in Business Sustainability. Bansal’s research targets the interplay between business strategy and sustainability.
“This recognition illustrates the impact of Ivey’s research and the importance Ivey Business School puts on producing high quality research that has influence on both the academic world and the business world," said Gal Raz, Ivey's Associate Dean, Research. "As part of Ivey’s new strategy, significant investment will be made to energize and amplify the outstanding work of Ivey’s researchers on issues facing business and society."
The Research.com list is comprised of leading scientists from the area of Business and Management, and based on an examination of more than 5972 scientists on Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic Graph as of December 2021.