Ben Graham Centre's 2021 Virtual International MBA Stock Picking Competition
April 13, 2021
Virtual Event (Online)
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is holding its annual International MBA Stock Picking Competition virtually on April 13, 2021.
Teams from MBA schools from around the world will compete for $14,000 CAD in cash prizes. Three finalist teams will make presentations virtually (online) to a panel of distinguished value investors. At the end of the event, first, second and third prize winners will be announced. Subsequently, all winners are invited to the Virtual Value Investing Conference on April 14, 2021.
Team Registration is now closed. Attendee Registration is now open. Please Note: Attendee registration is free of charge but since space is limited, please only register if you are certain you will attend the event.
Team registration opened at 09:00AM EST on October 16, 2020.
One team per school, consisting of up to three students, registered by 23:59PM EST on December 4, 2020.
Registration was capped at a maximum of 30 MBA programs.
‣ In the 1st round of the Competition, a list of stocks to choose from was shared with participating schools at 08:00AM EST on January 12, 2021.
‣ One team from each participating school submitted a research report of their chosen stock to the Competition Managers by 07:59AM EST on January 29, 2021.
‣ Three teams chosen as finalists were notified on February 18, 2021.
‣ In the 2nd round of the Competition, a new company to analyze and value will be given to each finalist team at 08:00AM EST on March 25, 2021. This stock will be the same for all finalist teams.
‣ Each finalist team will submit their final PowerPoint presentation no later than 07:59AM EST on April 08, 2021 to the Competition Managers.
‣ Each finalist team will present their respective analyses virtually on April 13, 2021 to a panel of distinguished value investors. Please note: Each team member will be responsible for their own audio/visual set up during their presentations. No in-person technical support will be offered during the event.
‣ At the end of the event, first, second and third prize winners will be announced. Subsequently, all winners are invited to the Virtual Value Investing Conference on April 14, 2021.
‣ Each of the top three final teams is guaranteed a cash prize, with first place awarded $8,000 CAD, second place $4,000 CAD and third place $2,000 CAD.
Thank you to our Donors
We would like to thank our donors Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bristol Gate Capital Partners Inc., Carol & Brahm Steinberg Family Fund, Peters MacGregor Capital Management, Robotti & Company Advisors and Stacey Muirhead Capital Management for their generous support.