Ben Graham Centre's 2021 Virtual International MBA Stock Picking Competition
April 13, 2021
Virtual Event (Online)
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is holding its annual International MBA Stock Picking Competition virtually on April 13, 2021.
Teams from MBA schools from around the world will compete for $14,000 CAD in cash prizes. Three finalist teams will make presentations virtually (online) to a panel of distinguished value investors. On April 14, winners will be announced at the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference and finalists will be notified via email thereafter.
Event Program not yet available.
Register your team NOW! Team Registration closes December 04, 2020.
Click below to subscribe to receive registration deadline email reminders:
Please note: Subscribing does NOT secure your place in the Competition. Your place is only secured once you have paid the registration fee.
Team registration opened at 09:00AM EST on October 16, 2020.
One team per school, consisting of up to three students, must register by 23:59PM EST on December 4, 2020.
Registration will be capped at a maximum of 30 MBA programs. *Please note: We will not set aside a placeholder for any team. Registration automatically closes once 30 teams have paid their fee.
‣ In the 1st round of the Competition, a list of stocks to choose from will be shared with participating schools at 08:00AM EST on January 12, 2021.
‣ One team from each participating school must submit a research report of their chosen stock to the Competition Managers no later than 07:59AM EST on January 29, 2021.
‣ Three teams chosen as finalists will be notified on February 18, 2021.
‣ In the 2nd round of the Competition, a new company to analyze and value will be given to each finalist team at 08:00AM EST on March 25, 2021. This stock will be the same for all finalist teams.
‣ Each finalist team will submit their final PowerPoint presentation no later than 07:59AM EST on April 08, 2021 to the Competition Managers.
‣ Each finalist team will present their respective analyses virtually on April 13, 2021 to a panel of distinguished value investors. Please note: Each team member will be responsible for their own audio/visual set up during their presentations. No in-person technical support will be offered during the event.
‣ Results will be announced during the Value Investing Conference on April 14, 2021. Finalist teams will be notified via email thereafter.
‣ Each of the top three final teams is guaranteed a cash prize, with first place awarded $8,000 CAD, second place $4,000 CAD and third place $2,000 CAD.
Thank you to our Donors
We would like to thank our donors Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bristol Gate Capital Partners Inc., Carol & Brahm Steinberg Family Fund, Peters MacGregor Capital Management, Robotti & Company Advisors and Stacey Muirhead Capital Management for their generous support.