The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing launched its value investing blog in 2019 and is looking for writers! We have therefore decided to hold a Blog Writing Contest once again in 2021!
- Contest is free to enter.
- Inform Ben Graham Centre Coordinator via email that you plan to enter this contest by: January 19, 2021.
- Attend the following Ivey Value Investing Classes Guest Speaker event (event is free to attend) and write an overview blog about it:
- January 21, 2021
Mr. Ross Glotzbach, Chief Executive Officer, Head of Research and a Portfolio Manager, Southeastern Asset Management, Inc., Memphis, TN, USA
6:20pm - 8:00pm, Due to covid-19 travel restrictions, this presentation will now be offered virtually.
- January 21, 2021
- Blog Due: February 5, 2021
- Winner Announced: February 12, 2021
No previous experience is required. We are simply looking for individuals who are interested in learning and being active with value investing. Your work will be reviewed/edited by Centre staff before being posted on our Blog web-page.
- Format: Word document
- No photos necessary
- Audience: Our primary audience is Ivey students, alumni, faculty and staff as well as the Ben Graham Centre supporters. Our audience all have a varying degree of value investing knowledge.
- Write in a tone that is conversational and engaging
- Blog should be approximately 400-500 words
- Have a sense of your takeaways before starting to write and keep these in mind as you write.
- Keep it simple. Avoid using long, multi-phrase sentences. Ensure that your writing is clear and easy to understand.
- Craft an engaging title and use interesting subtitles throughout to make your messages pop off the screen.
- Include links to relevant material if necessary
- Write a good "hook" to kick things off. A hook is a brief sentence that catches the audience's attention and intrigues the reader.
- Use quotes if necessary. Be sure quotes are 100% accurate to what the speaker said.
Choose one of the following prizes:
- $200 dollars, OR ;
- Free attendance to the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference (Prize limited to Registration fees, does not include travel/accommodations).
In addition to one of the prizes listed above, you will also receive a writing credit when your work is posted on our blog web-page. If your work is shared via our bi-annual Newsletter, you will receive a credit there as well.
Interested in participating in this contest? Questions?:
Contact the Ben Graham Centre Coordinator.