This contest is now closed. A new contest will be announced in December, 2021. View 2021 contest results.
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing launched its value investing blog in 2019 and is looking for writers! We have therefore decided to hold a Blog Writing Contest once again in 2021!
- Contest is free to enter.
- Inform Ben Graham Centre Coordinator via email that you plan to enter this contest by: January 19, 2021.
- Attend the following Ivey Value Investing Classes Guest Speaker event (event is free to attend) and write an overview blog about it:
- January 21, 2021
Mr. Ross Glotzbach, Chief Executive Officer, Head of Research and a Portfolio Manager, Southeastern Asset Management, Inc., Memphis, TN, USA
6:20pm - 8:00pm, Due to covid-19 travel restrictions, this presentation will now be offered virtually.
- January 21, 2021
- Blog Due: February 5, 2021
- Winner Announced: February 12, 2021
No previous experience is required. We are simply looking for individuals who are interested in learning and being active with value investing. Your work will be reviewed/edited by Centre staff before being posted on our Blog web-page.
- Format: Word document
- No photos necessary
- Audience: Our primary audience is Ivey students, alumni, faculty and staff as well as the Ben Graham Centre supporters. Our audience all have a varying degree of value investing knowledge.
- Write in a tone that is conversational and engaging
- Blog should be approximately 400-500 words
- Have a sense of your takeaways before starting to write and keep these in mind as you write.
- Keep it simple. Avoid using long, multi-phrase sentences. Ensure that your writing is clear and easy to understand.
- Craft an engaging title and use interesting subtitles throughout to make your messages pop off the screen.
- Include links to relevant material if necessary
- Write a good "hook" to kick things off. A hook is a brief sentence that catches the audience's attention and intrigues the reader.
- Use quotes if necessary. Be sure quotes are 100% accurate to what the speaker said.
Choose one of the following prizes:
- $200 dollars, OR ;
- Free attendance to the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference (Prize limited to Registration fees, does not include travel/accommodations).
In addition to one of the prizes listed above, you will also receive a writing credit when your work is posted on our blog web-page. If your work is shared via our bi-annual Newsletter, you will receive a credit there as well.
Interested in participating in this contest? Questions?:
Contact the Ben Graham Centre Coordinator.