*The following contest is now closed. A new contest will be launched in January 2021.
Luke is an Honors Business Administration candidate, who studied Economics at King’s University College prior to coming to Ivey. During his time there, he developed a passion for investing, and through studying the work of great investors like Warren Buffet and Christopher Browne, a keen interest in value investing specifically. The thing that excites him the most about coming to Ivey is having the opportunity to study the value investing curriculum taught here. Email Luke
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is excited to announce that it has recently launched its blog and is looking for writers!
- Contest is free to enter.
- Inform Ben Graham Centre Coordinator via email that you plan to enter this contest by: January 28, 2020.
- Attend the following Ivey Value Investing Classes Guest Speaker event (event is free to attend) and write an overview blog about it:
- January 29, 2020
Mr. Arnold Van Den Berg, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Chief Investment Officer, Century Management, Austin, TX, USA
6:20pm - 8:00pm, Ivey Business School, Room 1100 (Video Conference Presentation)
- January 29, 2020
- Blog Due: February 6, 2020
- Winner Announced: February 13, 2020
No previous experience is required. We are simply looking for individuals who are interested in learning and being active with value investing. Your work will be reviewed/edited by Centre staff before being posted on our Blog web-page.
- Format: Word document
- No photos necessary
- Audience: Our primary audience is Ivey students, alumni, faculty and staff as well as the Ben Graham Centre supporters. Our audience all have a varying degree of value investing knowledge.
- Write in a tone that is conversational and engaging
- Blog should be approximately 400-500 words
- Have a sense of your takeaways before starting to write and keep these in mind as you write.
- Keep it simple. Avoid using long, multi-phrase sentences. Ensure that your writing is clear and easy to understand.
- Craft an engaging title and use interesting subtitles throughout to make your messages pop off the screen.
- Include links to relevant material if necessary
- Write a good "hook" to kick things off. A hook is a brief sentence that catches the audience's attention and intrigues the reader.
- Use quotes if necessary. Be sure quotes are 100% accurate to what the speaker said.
Choose one of the following prizes:
- $200 dollars, OR ;
- Free attendance to the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference (Prize limited to Registration fees, does not include travel/accommodations)
In addition to one of the prizes listed above, you will also receive a writing credit when your work is posted on our blog web-page. If your work is shared via our bi-annual Newsletter, you will receive a credit there as well.
Interested in participating in this contest? Questions?:
Contact the Ben Graham Centre Coordinator.