Ben Graham Centre's 2022 Virtual International MBA Stock Picking Competition
April 19, 2022, 8:20AM
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is holding its annual International MBA Stock Picking Competition virtually on April 19, 2022.
Teams from MBA schools from around the world will compete for $14,000 in cash prizes. Three finalist teams will make presentations to a panel of distinguished value investors. On April 20, the finalist teams will attend the Ben Graham Centre’s Virtual Value Investing Conference where the winners will be announced. On April 21, the finalists will also be invited to attend the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, ON.
Team Registration is now closed. Attendee Registration is open until April 8, 2022.
Program Coming Soon
Team registration opened at 09:00 EST on October 15, 2021.
One team per school, consisting of up to three students, registered by 23:59 EST on December 10, 2021.
Registration was capped at a maximum of 30 MBA programs.
Attendee registration opened at 09:00 EST on December 13, 2021 and will close at 23:59 EST on April 8, 2022. While registration is free of charge, space is limited so please only register if you are certain you will attend the event.
‣ In the 1st round of the Competition, a list of stocks to choose from will be shared with participating schools at 08:00 EST on January 18, 2022.
‣ One team from each participating school must submit a research report of their chosen stock to the Competition Managers no later than 07:59 EST on February 4, 2022.
‣ Three teams chosen as finalists will be notified on February 22, 2022.
‣ In the 2nd round of the Competition, a new company to analyze and value will be given to each finalist team at 08:00 EST on March 31, 2022. This stock will be the same for all finalist teams.
‣ Each finalist team will submit their final PowerPoint presentation no later than 07:59 EST on April 14, 2022 to the Competition Managers.
‣ Each finalist team will then be invited to present their respective analyses virtually on April 19, 2022 to a panel of distinguished value investors.
‣ The finalist teams will also be invited to attend the Ben Graham Centre’s 2022 Virtual Value Investing Conference on April 20, 2022 and the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting on April 21, 2022 in Toronto, ON, Canada.
‣ Each of the top three final teams are guaranteed a cash prize, with first place awarded $8,000, second place $4,000 and third place $2,000.
Thank you to our Donors
We would like to thank our donors Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bristol Gate Capital Partners Inc., The Center for the Advancement of Value Investing Education, Peters MacGregor Capital Management, Robotti & Company Advisors and Stacey Muirhead Capital Management for their generous support.