Ben Graham Centre's 2023 International MBA Stock Picking Competition
April 18, 2023, 8:15AM
Ivey Donald K. Johnson Centre, King Room, 130 King St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is holding its annual International MBA Stock Picking Competition in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on April 18, 2023.
Teams from MBA schools from around the world will compete for $14,000 in cash prizes. Three finalist teams will make presentations to a panel of distinguished value investors. On April 19, the finalist teams will attend the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference where the winners will be announced. On April 20, the finalists will also be invited to attend the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Team Registration is now closed. Attendee Registration now open until 23:59 EST on April 6, 2023. Attendee registration is free of charge but since space is limited, please only register if you are certain you will attend the event.
Team registration opened at 09:00 EST on October 14, 2022.
One team per school, consisting of up to three students, registered by 23:59 EST on December 19, 2022.
Registration was capped at a maximum of 30 MBA programs.
Attendee registration opened at 09:00 EST on December 12, 2022 and will close at 23:59 EST on April 6, 2023. While registration is free of charge, space is limited so please only register if you are certain you will attend the event.
‣ In the 1st round of the Competition, a list of stocks to choose from was shared with participating schools at 09:00 EST on January 17, 2023.
‣ One team from each participating school submitted a research report of their chosen stock to the Competition Managers, no later than 07:59 EST, on February 3, 2023.
‣ Three teams chosen as finalists will be notified by 15:59 EST on February 21, 2023.
‣ In the 2nd round of the Competition, a new company to analyze and value will be given to each finalist team at 09:00 EST on March 31, 2023. This stock will be the same for all finalist teams.
‣ Each finalist team will submit their final PowerPoint presentation, no later than 07:59 EST, on April 13, 2023, to the Competition Managers.
‣ Each finalist team will then be invited to present their respective analyses on April 18, 2023, to a panel of distinguished value investors.
‣ The finalist teams will also be invited to attend the Ben Graham Centre’s 2023 Value Investing Conference on April 19, 2023, where the winners will be announced, as well as the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting on April 20, 2023, both in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
‣ Each of the top three finalist teams are guaranteed a cash prize, with first place awarded $8,000, second place $4,000 and third place $2,000.
Learn More about the Competition
Thank you to our Donors
We would like to thank our donors Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bristol Gate Capital Partners Inc., The Center for the Advancement of Value Investing Education, Peters MacGregor Capital Management, Robotti & Company Advisors and Stacey Muirhead Capital Management for their generous support.