We will innovate case-based teaching, experiential learning, and co-curricular engagement and integrate the latest insights to develop curious, responsible, adaptable, and inclusive leaders.
While our student experience and alumni connections are among the best globally, we aspire to continually innovate how we connect to students and deliver our programming. We will strengthen Ivey’s case-based teaching methodology, which is the keystone of our curriculum and seen as transformational by students, alumni, and employers, through combining sound pedagogical research with advances in technology and delivery formats. We will continue leveraging our focus on leadership essentials to shape leaders who are prepared to take an active role and use entrepreneurial approaches to address real-world challenges. As a world-leader in development and distribution of business case materials, the innovations we create for our classrooms will also be available for distribution, allowing us to positively impact business education globally.
- Advance and support experimentation and innovations in our case-based and experiential methods and leverage pedagogical research to strengthen student learning and outcomes
- Ensure our degree portfolio advances our mission, retaining a general management and leadership emphasis, but adding more opportunities for specializations around Critical Issues
- Continually improve the student experience through a holistic approach across the student journey
- Incorporate cases and content respecting broader representation of equity into curriculum, including developing and incorporating Indigenous business and policy-based case content
- Enhance the links between the academic, career, and co-curricular experiences to the learning goals of our programs
- Build out the leadership and team for the Wood Centre for Innovation in Business Learning and Ivey Publishing to support innovation in all facets of developing, delivering, and teaching cases
- Provide structural support in the innovative design, production, and delivery of materials that support case-based and other inductive learning approaches
- Analyze our degree portfolio and related activities, taking into account our mission, resources, and capabilities, to identify optimal mix, size, and scope
- Appoint multiple teacher-scholars to advance research on pedagogy and teaching innovations
- Create a framework for exploring and engaging in partnerships with other schools to broaden and diversify Ivey’s programs and curriculum
- Enhance our program review processes to ensure that research and current topics are embedded in our curricula, especially related to Critical Issues
- Introduce Indigenous Knowledge curriculum into all our degree programs
- Explore innovative ways to better align extracurricular and program experiences
- Establish a leadership role responsible for overall student experience