Infrastructure & Services | Toronto, ON | Founded: 2008 | Employees: 51-100 | www.tier1crm.com
PHONE: (416) 932-4774 | LINKEDIN PROFILE | BLOOMBERG PROFILE | FACEBOOK PROFILE
Last updated November 15, 2018 | To download a PDF version, click here.
Tier1CRM is a leading provider of customer relationship management and customer engagement SaaS solutions to sell-side and buy-side financial services clients spanning sales and trading desks, investment banks and investment managers. The software is built on top of Salesforce’s enterprise cloud computing platform.
Mark Notten: Co-Founder and CEO (2008-Present). Previously: VP Strategic Projects, StraightThrough Inc. (2006-2007); CEO, Halcyon Monitoring Solutions (1996-2003); VP Strategic Projects, Systemware Innovation (1995-1997). Education: BSc Computer Science (1984), York University.
Phil Dias: Co-Founder and COO (2008-Present). Previously: COO, StraightThrough Inc; CEO, Systemware Innovation.
Jeff Heisz: CTO (2014-Present). Previously: Engineering Manager, Teradata (2010-2014); Co-Founder and VP, Head of Engineering and Research, xkoto Inc. (2005-2010); VP, Head of Engineering, Halcyon Monitoring Solutions (2002-2005); Engineering Project Manager, StraightThrough Inc. (2003); Principal Consultant, Systemware Innovation Education (2000-2001); Consultant, Systemware Innovation (1994-1999). Education: PhD Physics (1998), Queen’s University; MSc Physics (1990), Queen’s University; BSc Physics (1988), University of Waterloo.
Mark co-founded Tier1CRM in 2008 together with Phil Dias, a partnership spanning 30 years. Mark began his career at Systemware Innovation, creating mission critical software for the telecom and nuclear sectors. This eventually led to Mark’s first CEO role, as founder of Halcyon Monitoring Solutions which created flagship software products for Sun Microsystems and Cisco. Mark’s vision of Tier1CRM was to create a world leading enterprise cloud-computing software to power the institutional sell-side and buy-side.
Tier1CRM has received one round comprised of $34 million (USD) in growth equity financing on December 11th, 2017 from a group of investors led by Wavecrest Growth Partners, with participation from MassMutual Ventures and Salesforce Ventures.
Key Corporate Developments
Oct 1, 2017: Tier1CRM Partners With Street Context
Dec 11, 2017: Tier1CRM Receives Significant Equity Capital to Accelerate Growth
Sep 24, 2018: Tier1CRM to Optimize its Offering Built on Salesforce Financial Services Cloud
Tier1CRM uses their platform to offer solutions to three types of customers:
- Sales and Trading – Tier1CRM’s solution manages accounts and contacts, call sheets, interaction logging, research preferences, calendar events, commissions and trades and prospecting tools.
- Corporate and Investment Banking – Tier1CRM’s solution enables deal activity monitoring, covered accounts, call reports, tracking and evaluation of cross-selling, calendar events, client profitability and customizable reports.
- Investment Management – Tier1CRM’s tool provides asset managers more control over their investment calendar by offering internal and external integration capabilities.
- ACE List Manager: a call management tool that allows for the organization and execution for all client interactions by quickly generating lists during critical time periods.
- ACE Event Manager: a calendar for marketing events such as roadshows, company and analyst marketing conferences with templates for meetings, venues, event types (single and multi-day), and customizable print ready itineraries.
- ACE Mobile App: an application that allows for the logging of a call report by voice immediately after meetings, the auto saving of notes to ensure security, and offline capabilities that automatically synchronize once service is regained.
- ACE Prospector: enhances Salesforce accounts and contact information by delivering data directly from Thomson Reuters on demand.
- ACE Investment Calendar: facilitates event creation, provides an aggregate view of events and venue booking with Outlook and Thomson Reuters Street Events integration.
Tier1CRM solutions are built on top of Saleforce’s enterprise platform, with ACE being an HTML application suite.
Tier1CRM products are currently being used by tens of thousands of participants including three of the top ten global investment banks and six of the global top twenty-five.
Tier1CRM’s marketing is led by Chief Marketing Officer Theresa Elamparo and is based out of the New York office. Tier1CRM also participates in Salesforce’s Dreamforce Conference in San Francisco  and hosts a Client Council in Toronto where they aim to further educate and promote their product offerings.
- SugarCRM – (Cupertino, CA) SugarCRM offers customer relationship management solutions for clients operating in commercial banking, capital markets, wealth management, credit unions and insurance.
- NexJ Systems – (Toronto, ON) NexJ offers customer relationship management solutions for clients operating in wealth management and private banking, corporate and commercial banking, capital markets and insurance.
Corporate Profile Created By: Owen Ferguson, Ivey HBA 2019