QuantumShift for Entrepreneurs
Drive growth and inspire results with a purpose-built learning experience for Entrepreneurs. In partnership with KPMG Private Enterprise™, QuantumShift™ accelerates your effectiveness as a business leader.
Purpose and Impact
Join some of Canada’s top entrepreneurs and take your company to the next level. Do you have what it takes?
QuantumShift™ is a rigorous five-day developmental program for Canada's most promising entrepreneurs. Only 40 entrepreneurs are accepted into this program annually. We keep it small to ensure a tightknit community, with the best of the best. Participants are nominated by KPMG Private Enterprise. The Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship at Ivey determines the final selection.
Founded by KPMG Private Enterprise and Ivey Business School and sponsored by The Globe and Mail and TD.
QuantumShift™ is for CEO business owners who are past startup. They're innovative, insightful business leaders. And they're ready to shift a thriving enterprise to a whole new level of success. Candidates must be nominated by KPMG Private Enterprise and selected by Ivey's Institute for Entrepreneurship.
The program explores critical issues that matter to entrepreneurs, and gives you a valuable peer network you won’t find anywhere else.
Participants commonly include individuals in Founder, CEO, President, Chair, and Board Member roles.
Guiding your organization through change
- Identify and respond to business opportunities, changes, and challenges.
- Learn to make effective decisions under uncertainty.
- Explore the ways market dynamics influence company positioning.
- Guide innovations in your business model as new challenges emerge.
Overcoming obstacles to strategic growth
- Understand the importance of adaptability in a changing market landscape.
- Enhance how your top leadership team works together and interfaces with the rest of the company.
- Develop strategies for efficient scaling.
Using financial insights to drive business planning
- Effectively balance financial risk and opportunity.
- Understand valuation techniques and their relevance in growth scenarios.
- Gain insights on financial strategies that support scaling.
Recruiting, retaining, and developing top talent
- Find strategies to motivate, empower, and coach high performance in your organization.
- Consider how to optimize your employee value proposition in attracting talent.
Building a network of entrepreneurial leaders
- Develop connections with fellow entrepreneurs and business leaders. The QuantumShift community spans 20 years of Canada's top entrepreneurial leaders.
- Share ideas and insights with your peers — individuals who understand the challenges of leading a high-growth company.
How You Learn
QuantumShift is deeply experiential, grounded in case research, and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School. Our real-world approach to learning for executives is about practical application. You'll finish the program with new skills, crowdsourced wisdom, and a clear strategy to tackle specific challenges back at work.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Return on Investment
QuantumShift™ is more than an executive education program. It is an entry into an exclusive peer network designed to provide business leaders with a platform to share their ideas and challenges.
Even after the program, you will continue to be connected through bi-annual videoconferences and an annual conference.
Program Director and Lecturer, Entrepreneurship
Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Lecturer, Management Communications
Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship
The $12,000 program fee for QuantumShift has been subsidized due to the generous support of KPMG Private Enterprise and the Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship, powered by Ivey.
The program fee covers all program materials, meals, and hotel accommodations. Program fees are tax-exempt.
To obtain more information, please click on the Request Information button and fill out the required fields. A KPMG Private Enterprise professional will follow up with you to continue the application process. If you have any questions, please contact Pat Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brandi Wingrove at email@example.com.
Organizations and participants in Canada may benefit from the Canada Job Grant or the Canada Training Credit to offset a portion of program fees. Visit our Funding Resources page to learn more.
Our Program Managers will contact all registered participants prior to the program start date with instructions to join our online Learning Management System. Once logged in, you can create a class profile, view other participants' profiles, and access a list of assigned pre-reading, cases, and activities. Plan to review and complete preparation work in advance of each class session.