Friday February 28, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Four Seasons Hotel
This event is SOLD OUT. If you would like to add your name to the waitlist, please email email@example.com.
In today’s complex and complicated world, the character of our leaders (and indeed, their followers) has never been more critical—yet often, it is leaders lacking in character that dominate our purview. We invite you to join us at a different vantage point: The Ivey Leadership Summit.
In 2008, Ivey - one of Canada’s preeminent business schools – put a stake in the ground after conducting pioneering leadership research. We exposed that good leadership depends on competencies, commitment, and character and yet character had been severely neglected in leadership discourse and development. We decided to change that – for our students and for leaders in the public, private and not for profit sectors. During this day-long event, you will hear from leaders who have shown extraordinary character in their leadership and learn how to integrate it into your own leadership practice. The Ivey Leadership Summit is designed to:
- cultivate a deeper understanding of the power of character in the art of leadership;
- demonstrate how character is critical to leadership success because of its foundational role in making effective decisions and taking transformative, generative action; and
- reveal how character-driven leaders out-behave their competition and create sustainable excellence, for their own organization as well as for society at large.
Join us on February 28, for a day focusing on character-driven leadership created for individuals to be inspired, enlightened and invigorated. Through our keynote speakers, you will meet exceptional leaders who have had to rely on their strength of character to meet challenges, perform in their roles, to influence others, and to ignite excellence.
- The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister of Canada
- Michael Friisdahl, President & CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
- Maureen Chiquet, Former Global CEO of Chanel
- Anna Maria Tremonti, Journalist & 17 Season Host of CBC's The Current
- Tyler Shultz, Theranos Whistleblower and Entrepreneur
- Erika Cheung, Theranos Whistleblower and Co-Founder of Ethics in Entrepreneurship
Early Registration (until January 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.):
- Individual: $295 + HST
- Table of 9: $2000 + HST
After January 13:
- Individual:$399 + HST
- Table of 8: $2800 + HST