The Institute is pleased to have committed Executives-in-Residence as part of the team at the Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership. These practitioners and executives will help Ivey faculty in the delivery of leadership-related courses or other teaching-related events and thus help to deliver on "the Ivey experience". EIR members are appointed for a three-year term and are involved in a minimum of five activities per year.
EIR involvement includes:
- being a mentor to students
- serving as a sounding board for teaching and research ideas
- acting as an in-class visitor or guest speaker
- taking on the role as liaison for case writing and case opportunities
- contributing to practitioner conferences organized by the Institute
- endorsing and advocating the Institute’s interests to external constituencies, raising the Institute’s profile
- assisting in case competitions
- participating in outreach where needed and appropriate
Kanina Blanchard, Certified Management Consultant
President, Opportunity Creation
City Manager/Chief Administrative Officer, City of Calgary
Commissioner, Ontario Securities Commission
Loretta Biscaro Smith
President, Genesis Executive Management Inc.