Ivey’s mission is "we develop leaders who think globally, act strategically, and address critical issues facing organizations and society, through impactful research and transformative learning experiences." At the Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership, we seek to amplify Ivey’s mission through our focus on leader character. While competencies reflect what a person can do, character determines what a person will do. Character influences every choice a person makes about what to do in any given situation, and as such, the development of character is the central component to our student leadership programming.
Ivey Program Events
The Institute provides a series of special events that bring students together with leaders from all sectors of business to learn about their leadership journey.
- HBA Leadership Day
- MBA Leadership Day
- Thomas d'Aquino Lecture on Leadership
- Troost Annual Leadership Event
- HBA Leadership Character & Candour Conference
- MBAA Leadership Conference
- Cross-Enterprise Leadership
The Institute has created a suite of electives – both in the classroom and beyond it – that focus on the development of leader character:
- HBA Leadership Under Fire: Developing Character
- HBA Ubuntu: Service Learning in Africa
- HBA Giving Voice to Leadership
- HBA Learning from Leaders
- MBA Transformational Leadership
- MBA Leadership Under Fire: Developing Character
Cases, case series and practitioner articles provide a real-world context for learning the skills of leadership.