Special Program Events
The Institute provides a series of special events that bring students together with leaders from all sectors of business to learn about their leadership journey.
- HBA Leadership Day
- MBA Leadership Day
- East Meets West MBA Leadership Case Competition
- Ivey Leadership Day
- Troost Annual Leadership Event
- Ivey Leadership Conference: Character & Candour
The Institute has created a suite of electives – both in the classroom and beyond it – that focus on the development of leader character:
- Leadership Under Fire: Developing Character
- Ubuntu: Service Learning in Africa
- Transformational Leadership
- Giving Voice to Leadership
- Cross-Enterprise Leadership
Cases, case series and practitioner articles provide a real-world context for learning the skills of leadership.
Ivey hosts leaders with a wide range of experiences – from the military and not-for-profit sectors to business leaders from top organizations – for class visits and special events.
The Ivey Business School and the Haskayne School of Business organize the annual Leadership Case Competition. The LCC is collaboration between the Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership and the Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Business.