Grab a tea, coffee or beverage of choice and join us at the close of the workday for these sessions in the Institute’s new “Sip & Speak” webinar series being hosted by our Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program (LAMP). LAMP is a program that seeks to provide forums to share knowledge from a gendered and intersectional perspective.
Sip & Speak 2021
Stay tuned as we create our suite of Sip & Speak topics and guests for Wnter/Spring 2021!
Sip & Speak Session Archives
Click the session title to view the webinar recording and transcript.
- S&S1: Navigating Today's Multidimensional Workplace with Niloufer Afzal, CEO, G2G Impact Group
- S&S2: Advancing Reconciliation Through Indigenous Economic Development with Professor Frankie Young, Western Law
- S&S3: (Re)Claiming ‘Uppity’: “Ordinary” Women as Leaders and Public Intellectuals with Erica Lawson, Associate Professor, Women's Studies and Feminist Research, Western University
- S&S4: How the pandemic threatens decades of women's labour force gains with Dawn Desjardins, Vice President, Deputy Chief Economist, RBC Economics and Carrie Freestone, RBC Economist
- S&S5: Empowering LGBTQ+ Students and Employees to Succeed with Marino Felice (HBA'11), Senior Manager, Corporate Valuations, PwC and Brendan MacArthur-Stevens (HBA'11), litigation lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- S&S6: Equity and Inclusive Communities: The First 50 Days with Dr. Rick Colbourne, Assistant Dean, Equity and Inclusive Communities, Carleton’s Sprott School of Business
- S&S7: Leadership and Resilience with Paul Carroll - President, Pathfinder Leadership Associates and Head of Global Banking and Markets Business Continuity and Resilience, Scotiabank, Eleanor Taylor - Lieutenant-Colonel (retired), Canadian Armed Forces and Founder/Owner, Eleanor Taylor Consulting, and Alex Haynes - Commanding Officer of two reserve units and Operations Manager, Pathfinder Leadership Associates; and by moderated by Stephen Virgin, Director of Character Leadership, CRA.