Ivey HBA Sustainability Certificate – Empowering the next generation of sustainable leaders
Ivey's HBA Sustainability Certificate welcomes its ninth cohort of students in September 2017. Directed by Oana Branzei and funded by RBC, the Certificate empowers Ivey HBA students to build and lead more sustainable organizations. It includes a coordinated set of courses and experiences designed to provide a strong grounding in the principles and best practices of sustainability. The program positions students to begin their journeys as responsible C-Suite decision-makers, entrepreneurs, non-profit leaders and policymakers.
- Committed to starting their personal social or sustainable ventures.
- Interested in sustainability consulting.
- Having a personal calling to make a difference, wanting to blend this calling with a successful career in traditional organizations.
- Interested in pursuing sustainable opportunities after gaining insights through traditional job placements.
Winter 2017 Information Session: February 28th, 2017, 1-3pm, room 1310 (lunch included)
Winter 2017 Information Session: March 1, 2017, 1-3pm, room 1310 (lunch included)
March 15, 2017: Application Deadline for the 2017-18 Certificate
March 20, 2017: All Acceptance Decisions issued
March 22, 2017: Passing the Torch Ceremony, 5-7pm, Leenders Lounge (If you're applying to the 2017-18 Sustainability Certificate, please plan on attending this ceremony. It's a required event.)
The Certificate in Sustainability has both credit and non-credit requirements, as outlined below.
The academic requirements for the Certificate in Sustainability include:
- Successful completion of HBA1
- 0.75 mandatory credits and
- The equivalent of 1.0 credits from sustainability focused courses
Sustainability certificate students are expected to engage in four exclusive, sponsored events:
- A full-day immersion experience hosted off-site by leaders from different sectors
- A live case with real-time dilemmas presented by the executive team
- A 3x5 awards and networking breakfast
- A half-day alumni reunion, mentorship and recruiting event
Certificate students receive the first invitations to exclusive events, including conferences, dinners, guest speakers and other networking events. These events are not required, but are excellent opportunities to learn and network.
Each student has the opportunity (should they choose) to be paired with an individual mentor during the certificate.
Each year, students work closely with a series of Executives in Residence, who represent the range of best practices in sustainability in Canada, and globally, that year.
The program has limited enrollment. Students must apply to the program by March 15, 2017. The application for admission consists of a standard 'fill-in-the-blanks' form with three written-answer questions, plus a biography, photo and up-to-date resume (see PDF form above). For more information or to submit your completed application, please contact email@example.com.
HBA Sustainability Certificate Alumni
This program is generously supported by the RBC Foundation.