"My experience at The Academy remains, without question, the highlight of my PhD. Alongside a constellation of extraordinary scholars, students, and leaders, we were encouraged to think deeply and generatively, to trust in our courage and hope, and to envision and pursue a world of academia that is more fluent in its humanity — and thus able to rise to the great challenges and promises of this century. I left with an unwavering sense of connection and community that continues to transcend our all too short three days together." - Sara Graves, 2019 PhD Sustainability Academy Fellow
We welcome submissions on sustainability issues in strategy, policy, economics, entrepreneurship, ethics, environmental studies, international business, organizational theory, organizational behavior and international development. A broad range of methodologies are also welcome, including quantitative and qualitative methods and experimental work. In general, it is desirable to include some empirical data.
We welcome single-authored as well as co-authored pieces on which the doctoral student is the lead author. Submissions can include:
- Proposal-based or dissertation-based working papers
- Conference papers that have been previously presented
- Advanced manuscripts that may have already been reviewed but are not yet accepted for publication.
All applicants have to be enrolled in a doctoral program for at least part of the 2022-2023 academic year and not have graduated their PhD Program before November 14, 2023.
- Submit an online application form
- E-mail Oana Branzei (email@example.com) and Tara Grzegorczyk (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents:
- Full manuscript, including cover page (document name format: LASTNAME-manuscript)
- Two-page summary (document name format: LASTNAME-PAPER TITLE-summary)
- Abstract (150 words) and biography (150 words) for website (document name format: LASTNAME-website)
- High resolution photo (document name format: LASTNAME-photo)
Now accepting 2023 applications.
Cover page: Should include the paper title and author name, position, affiliation, email and phone number.
Two-page summary: Must include sufficient detail for the selection committee to assess potential contribution. Participants are invited based on the relevance, timeliness and quality of the proposed research. This document should include the paper title, but no author details.
Manuscripts: Should include the paper title and author name, position, affiliation, email and phone number. Please follow the Academy of Management Journal style guide. Maximum word count is 12,000 including tables, figures and references.
Note: Doctoral students at the proposal stage, who may not have completed data collection, should outline the intended research contribution, context, methods, amount of data already collected and preliminary findings. The working manuscript should include references and exhibits (theoretical model and/or preliminary findings). Maximum word count is 12,000 plus tables, figures and references.
Formatting: All documents should be written in single spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
All submissions will undergo blind review by a selection committee including ARCS Board Members and former faculty and alumni of the Ivey PhD Sustainability Academy.
Now accepting 2023 applications until August 31st .