Executive MBA Application Guidelines
If you've decided that Ivey is right for you, it's time to submit your formal Ivey Executive MBA application. Our Admissions Committee will determine your suitability for the program.
What You Need To Know
Our program is challenging, but we strive to keep the application process simple. We can guide you through your application in a way that's straightforward and convenient for you. The application process involves three simple steps.
Before You Apply
Simply email your resumé. We'll review your skills and credentials and contact you within two business days to confirm your eligibility. We'll provide additional application instructions, and advise you on whether or not you need to complete the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
Start Your Application
Once you begin your application, you'll be assigned an Admissions Counsellor to guide you through the process. They can also assist with making your case for support from your organization. The application process saves your information as you go, so you don't need to complete it all at once.
Start your application today!
The documents required for a complete Ivey Executive MBA application include:
- The completed online application form.
- Your answers to three self-evaluation questions designed to provide a clear picture of your learning objectives and expectations.
- Two completed reference evaluation forms (one from your direct supervisor and one from a peer) as supporting evidence of your professional experience, abilities and character.
- Letter of endorsement from your employer.
- Two copies of official transcripts sent directly from each post-secondary institution attended (the Ivey Executive MBA does admit a small number of individuals that do not have an undergraduate degree, but have extensive managerial experience).
- If required, your Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores (you may be exempt from writing this test based on your academic background or work experience).
- If required, proof of proficiency in English (TOEFL) if your first language is other than English.
What do we evaluate when deciding whether or not you meet Ivey's Executive MBA requirements? The Admissions Committee considers several factors, all of which are important, but not considered in isolation:
Work experience, including evidence of your leadership roles, which demonstrate your progressive management and leadership experience.
Previous academic experience, such as an undergraduate or master's degree (most successful applicants have this, but not all).
References from two individuals who can verify your work experience and know your ability and character.
Graduate Management Admission Test score (if applicable). Exemptions are granted based on prior academic experience in combination with work experience. Please contact us for more information.