Competence is like the leaves on a tree, and character is its roots.
The stronger the root system, the stronger the tree.
Upcoming Session - Spring 2022
- Tuesday March 22 to Thursday April 28, 2022.
- Tuesday - Thursday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (with the exception of week 6 -see all dates below).
- This program is entirely virtual.
Registration will open shortly. Email us if you would like to be added to the notification list.
About the program
The Leader Character Practitioner Certification Program will develop the character and competence for participants to become subject matter experts in this area. This advanced program will cultivate a participant's ability to guide organizations and deliver character leadership workshops that will foster:
1. Awareness on what leader character is and its impact on individuals and organizations seeking sustained excellence;
2. The ability to assess and develop character in individuals, teams and organizations; and
3. The capacity to embed leader character in organizational practices.
These three modules will be virtually offered over 13 days using a “train the trainer” approach. The sessions will furnish participants with an understanding of the research underpinnings of leader character, and provide a practical approach, roadmap and resources.
Upon the successful completion of the program, participants will receive the designation of a certified Leader Character Practitioner.
Program Fees: $9500
Program fees include:
- All virtual sessions;
- A robust course package of readings and resources; and
- One session of personalized observation and feedback on your workshop facilitation delivery provided by Dr. Crossan.
Payment options: Participants can pay online by credit card or elect to be invoiced. The option to have an invoice addressed to an employer/organization can also available.
Spring 2022 Program Dates:
- Week One: March 22 & 24
- Week Two: March 29 & 31
- Week Three: April 5 & 7
- Week Four: April 12 & 14
- Week Five: April 19 & 21
- Week Six: April: 25, 26 & 28
Dr. Mary Crossan
Mary Crossan is a Professor of Strategic Leadership at the Ivey Business School and was awarded Western University’s highest honour – Distinguished University Professor – for sustained excellence in teaching, research and service over a substantial career at Western. She earned a BA, MBA, and Ph.D. from Western University.
Mary teaches in the undergraduate, MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Programs. Her research on organizational learning and strategic renewal, leader character and improvisation has been widely published in many peer-reviewed academic journals.
Her recent research focuses on the development of leader character as a critical foundation to support and elevate leader competencies. She and her colleagues have developed courses, cases, a diagnostic assessment to develop leader character and she is a co-author of “Developing Leadership Character” published by Routledge.
Her research, case-writing and consulting have provided broad exposure to companies around the world including HSBC, Mattel Asia, Bank of Montreal, TD Bank, CIBC, Sun Life, Manulife, General Dynamics, many public sector organizations, and an NHL team.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.