Applicants are advised to visit the Admissions page to review all required
To apply to our program:
- Click on "Apply Now" below (only active when applications are opened)
- Click on "Create Account" (if you have not already done so)
- Status: An applicant’s “Status in Canada” reflects their citizenship status in Canada should they attend Western. If you hold citizenship outside of Canada you should select “Study Permit”.
- To start an application, please sign in to your new account and select the following
- Academic Program: Business Administration
- Academic Degree: Choose the discipline to which you are applying
- Please note that if you are applying to a General Management area (i.e. Business, Economics, and Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Strategy, and/or Sustainability) you must select "PhD - GM: BEPP, Entre, Intl Bus, Strat or Sustain". Later in the application system, you will be able to specify to which of these disciplines you are interested in applying.
- Ensure to click "Save" periodically as you complete the application so that no information is lost.
- Complete Personal Information section
- Select "Study Permit" under Status in Canada, if you are an international student
- Complete Academic History section
- Click "Find School" to search for the university (or universities) you attended.
- Complete Language section (if applicable)
- If you are an international student, please remember that an official English Language Test score is required. For details, see our admissions page.
- Complete References section early in the process. A a unique link will be emailed to each reference, allowing them to submit their material via a secure online site.
- Ensure email addresses are entered accurately
- Check on this page regularly to ensure letters of reference have been submitted
- Complete Supplemental Questions section
- If applying to a GM discipline, this is the section where you indicate the area to which you are applying
- Complete the Application Fee Payment ($125 CAD)
- If the payment is not cleared, your application will not be viewed by the Admissions Committee
- International applicants can only pay by credit card
- Canadian applicants have the choice of credit card, Canadian Money Order or Canadian Bank Draft
- Upload all required documentation to the Supplementary Documents section
Please check the admission page for all requirements
- upload a copy of each official transcript
- upload an official copy of your GRE, GMAT or GMAT Focus Edition report
- upload an official copy of your English Language Test report (if applicable)
- upload your Statement of Research and Professional Interests
- upload your CV/resumé
- Review your information in the Submit Application page
- Once all information has been entered and reviewed, click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Once your application is submitted you will not be able to make changes; If you need to make a change after submitting the application, please fill out the contact us form and let us know.
- Ensure that your application, including references, is complete and submitted by January 5th. Late applications will not be viewed.
The application portal for the Fall 2024 intake will be open from October 15, 2023 - January 5, 2024.
The finalized application, including all official required documentation and completed reference letters, must be submitted by the deadline. As the decision-making process begins immediately, any materials submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.