Our faculty has myriad backgrounds and interests – part of learning to be a successful scholar is figuring out what kind of research sustains and excites you, and who among our faculty would like to work with you as a result. If you have a detailed idea of what we do and an emerging idea about what kinds of research questions you are passionate about, you are well on your way to determining if Ivey is a good fit for you.
The program is small and emphasizes collaboration between the faculty and students. We are looking for applicants with superior credentials who demonstrate a track record of excellence.
Deadline: Applications open online October 15, 2017, for the August 2018 intake. The on-line application form and all supporting documents listed below are due by January 15, 2018.
Sometimes people thinking about doing a PhD are surprised to learn what earning the degree actually involves. Before you spend a lot of time and money applying, find out about the degree and if it’s right for you.
Some great information on PhD programs can be found here:
- What is a PhD? by Marian Petre & Gordon Rugg (findaphd.com)
- Notes on the PhD Degree by Doug Comer (Purdue University)
- 9 Things You Should Consider Before Embarking on a PhD by Andy Greenspon (elsevier.com)
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting a PhD by Julio Peironcely (nextscientist.com)
- Our very own Neil Bendle shares his thoughts on doing a PhD in Marketing
- PhD Admissions Guide by Scott Cowley (scottcowley.com)
- The illustrated guide to a Ph.D. (http://matt.might.net/)
- Understanding who you might want as a supervisor (timeshighereducation.com/)