- Montaek Kohli, HBA, MSc 2019 - Ivey Business School
- Jan 31, 2019
Welcome to the first edition of the MSc Ivey Finance & Technology Club (MIFTC) speaker series where MIFTC leaders connect with leaders in finance and technology to highlight major trends as well as tips for students on how to make the most of their career. In this edition, VP of Education Montaek Kohli sits down with Alex McDougall Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Bicameral Ventures, a Toronto based venture capital fund focused on investing in blockchain projects.
Their discussion covers:
- Shifts within the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry since the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) craze of 2017
- Where blockchain creates value and how it brings businesses and people closer to The Archetype of 1
- Assessing career decisions throughout life and how to determine whether you’re ready to pursue a riskier but more fulfilling career path
- How to stand out when networking for finance roles
- And much more!
The MIFTC would like to extend a huge thank you to Alex and Montaek for sharing a tremendous amount of detail through their conversation and providing a small peak down the rabbit hole that is the blockchain and finance industry.
Listen to the full podcast.
MSc Ivey Finance & Technology Club (MIFTC) mandate is threefold:
(1) To educate students and enrich their lives by exposing them to finance and technology
(2) To promote the generation of creative and innovative ideas, and
(3) to assist with career development and build relationships with disruptive companies.