- Simon Parker
- Lawrence Plummer
Silvia is an Entrepreneurship PhD student at the Ivey Business School. She is interested in exploring the role of regional factors in entrepreneurial performance metrics (i.e. innovation and survival).
Her primary research investigates the role of ecosystems in entrepreneurial dynamics. More specifically, she researches how regional factors in an ecosystem can promote entrepreneurial innovation and survival, where she explores: 1) How the regional environment (i.e. knowledge systems and agglomeration economies) impacts the relationship between organizational sponsorship (i.e. incubators, tax shelters and research parks) and new firm survival; and 2) how regional factors impact the level of innovation adoption by new and incumbent firms. This research highlights the impact of regional factors on the performance of new firms relevant to current research on entrepreneurial ecosystems. In this stream of research, she draws heavily from literature on regional entrepreneurship, ecosystems, agglomeration and organizational sponsorship.
- PhD in General Management (specialization in Entrepreneurship)
Ivey Business School at Western University 
- Dissertation title: “The Role of Organizational Sponsorship and Regional Determinants in New Firm Survival”
- Master of Business Administration Degree (Global MBA)
Korea University, Seoul, South Korea 
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, United States 
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Regional Determinants and Entrepreneurial Dynamics (New Firm Entry/New Firm Exit)
- Regional Innovation Adoption
- Plummer, L. A., Parker, S. C. & Reyes, S.C. (forthcoming) “Regional Path Breaking: The Role of Industry Switching, Industry Diversity and New Knowledge in New Venture Exit”, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.
Awards and Honours
- Western University
George E Connell Graduate Scholarship, Ivey Business School (2018)
- Western University
Pierre L. Morrissette Scholarship, Ivey Business School (2017-2018)
Reyes, S.C., Plummer, L. A., Parker, S. C. & Amezcua, A.S. “The Role Of Organizational Sponsorship And Regional Determinants In New Firm Survival”, accepted for presentation at BCERC, Knoxville, TN, June 2020.
Plummer, L. A., Parker, S. C. & Reyes, S.C. “Regional Path Breaking: The Role of Industry Switching, Industry Diversity and New Knowledge in New Venture Exit”, accepted for presentation at Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA, August 2019. Received Best Paper Award at AOM.
Plummer, L. A., Parker, S. C. & Reyes, S.C. “Regional Path Breaking: The Role of Industry Switching, Industry Diversity and New Knowledge in New Venture Exit”, accepted for presentation at Uddevalla Symposium, L’Aquila, Italy, July 2019.
(anticipated completion 2023)
Ivey Business School
Silvia C. Reyes