Leader Character Conference
November 03, 2022, 2:00PM
- November 04, 2022, 5:00PM
Vantage Venues (150 King St. W.)
We find ourselves amidst a unique period of time that possesses an exceptional opportunity for character-fueled leaders.
Our world has become increasingly complex and unpredictable with seismic and dynamic change unfolding at a rapid pace. This uncertainty can be daunting and yet also rife with possibility. Character elevates our ability to make wise judgements and engage in fluid and adaptable decision-making. It cultivates the dual outcomes of sustained excellence and well-being, both individually and organizationally. We hope you will join us for this two-day conference and learn how character leadership elevates our capacity to thrive amid a shifting landscape, and to sense and seize the myriad opportunities on the road ahead.
Our agenda will include:
- The research, resources, and frameworks to lead in times of uncertainty and possibility;
- A solid theoretical foundation based on deep scholarship on character development; and,
- Timely, current, and active examples provided by real world practitioners demonstrating the impact of leader character.
- Unpacking Uncertainty and Possibility
- Character & Well-Being
- Resilience Through Leadership - as Way of Learning, Living and Working
- Evidenced Based Character Leadership
- Activating Character to realize Possibility in an Uncertain World
- Elena Antonacopoulou, Professor, Organizational Behaviour & Strategy, Ivey Business School
- Corey Crossan, Teaching Fellow, University of Oxford, Doctoral Candidate, Western University
- Mary Crossan, Professor, Organizational Behaviour & Strategy, Ivey Business School
- Cassie Ellis, Assistant Professor, Ivey Business School
- Bill Furlong, Financial Services Executive and Regulator
- Lucas Monzani, Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour, Ivey Business School
- Dusya Vera, Executive Director, Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership, Ivey Business School