MBA Admission Requirements
We're looking for tomorrow's leaders; people with exceptional talent and ambition to succeed in areas they are passionate about.
These candidates represent a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences - culturally, professionally and personally. Building on your track record of accomplishments and leadership success, you have strong career aspirations and are looking for a dynamic and challenging MBA experience.
Critical Qualities in a Candidate
From career success and promotion, to volunteer work and community initiatives, or other interests like athletics or the arts – we are looking for candidates who have demonstrated strong leadership orientation in previous experience, and can bring that into the Ivey classroom.
Strong Academic Record
The Ivey program and case method require you to be highly analytical, and comfortable solving problems and making decisions with ambiguity or incomplete information. A strong academic history with a “B” average and solid GMAT score (min. 600) or equivalent GRE to help to demonstrate these skills.
Quality Work Experience
At least two years, full-time work experience ensures that you and your classmates will have experiences to contribute to team and class discussions, along with the context and maturity to apply this learning in a professional setting.
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. One copy of official/certified transcripts will be required if a candidate receives an admissions offer.*
- GMAT score (Designate Ivey with code CMB-MG-18) OR GRE score (Designate Ivey with code 0292)
- Resumé demonstrating a minimum of two years, full-time work experience
- TOEFL score (if required for ESL applicants)
- Two to three reference letters
- Online application including completion of two required written essay questions and two required video questions
- Application fee of $150 CAD
*For University of Western Ontario Graduates(UWO), Ivey's Admissions office will contact UWO directly to obtain transcripts, so you are not required to order them.