MBA Admission Requirements
We're looking for tomorrow's leaders; people with exceptional talent and ambition to succeed in areas they are passionate about.
These candidates represent a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences - culturally, professionally and personally. Building on your track record of accomplishments and leadership success, you have strong career aspirations and are looking for a dynamic and challenging MBA experience.
Critical Qualities in a Candidate
From career success and promotion, to volunteer work and community initiatives, or other interests like athletics or the arts – we are looking for candidates who have demonstrated strong leadership orientation in previous experience, and can bring that into the Ivey classroom.
Strong Academic Record
The Ivey MBA Program and case method require you to be analytical and comfortable solving problems and making decisions with ambiguity or incomplete information. Our assessment of this is based on your academic history in combination with your GMAT or GRE score. We view these within a holistic framework that seeks to understand all aspects of a candidate’s character, qualifications, and experiences.
Quality Work Experience
At least two years, full-time work experience ensures that you and your classmates will have experiences to contribute to team and class discussions, along with the context and maturity to apply this learning in a professional setting. The range of full time work experience post undergraduate degree in the program is two to 10 years.
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. One copy of official/certified transcripts will be required if a candidate receives an admissions offer.*
- GMAT score (Designate Ivey with code CMB-MG-18) OR GRE score (Designate Ivey with code 0292)
- GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who have passed all 3 Levels of the CFA designation.
- Resumé demonstrating a minimum of two years, full-time work experience
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if required for ESL applicants)
- Two to three completed reference forms
- Online application including completion of two required written essay questions and two required video questions
- Application fee of $150 CAD
*For University of Western Ontario Graduates(UWO), Ivey's Admissions office will contact UWO directly to obtain transcripts, so you are not required to order them.