Ivey's Global Learning Opportunities include an optional trip to China, South East Asia (Singapore, India, Thailand), or South America as part of the elective cycle and volunteer opportunities to teach and provide business consulting in India, Eastern Europe, or China. You’ll get hands-on experience in an international setting, preparing you for success wherever you choose to work.
International Curriculum Options
International Study Trip
These trips are designed to complement the classroom activities of the Ivey MBA Program with on-the-ground exposure to some of the world’s most dynamic and exciting economic regions. You will have the option of participating in an international study trip to China, South East Asia (Singapore, India, Thailand), or South America for elective credit. During your time in one of these countries, you’ll visit local businesses, make connections with business leaders (including successful Ivey alumni), join in 'cultural plunge' team activities, and learn how businesses operate successfully in these economic climates.
Exchange Abroad Opportunity
Students have the option to participate in an international exchange that will take place it the final semester (January to April). This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself fully in another culture and to expand your global network.
Click below to view the list of approved exchange schools.
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago, Chile
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, Escola de Administração de Empresas, São Paulo, Brazil
- ESADE Business School, Barcelona, Spain
- Erasmus University, Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands
- NHH Business School, Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway
- Fudan School of Management, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- HKUST Business School, Hong Kong
- NUS Business School, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, India
- Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- SDA Bocconi, Milan, Italy
- University of St. Gallen (HSG), Switzerland
- University of Warwick, United Kingdom
LEADER Project (Student-Run Initiative)
LEADER is a student-driven economic development program founded in 1991 in Eastern Europe and Russia.
This volunteer initiative provides you the opportunity to teach modern business skills and empower students and entrepreneurs in emerging regions around the world. Additionally, you’ll review and consult on business plans for local entrepreneurs and business owners. Past locations have included the Caribbean, Africa, Central Asia, and South America.